The School Board will be meeting in the Staff Room at 3:30pm on the following dates for 2019 (subject to change):
Term 1 – 20th February and 27th March
Term 2 – 22nd May and 19th June
Term 3 – 12th August and 9th September
Term 4 – 6th November
AGM – 4th December
The School Board comprises of nine members including; school staff, parents, community representatives, and the Principal. The term of membership for elected representatives (staff and parents) is three years and one year for community representatives. All parent positions are opened through an election process, and are advertised widely in the school newsletter when they occur.
The School Board’s functions include:
- Taking part in establishing and reviewing the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- Taking part in the planning of financial arrangements necessary to fund the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- Taking part in the evaluation of the school’s performance in achieving its objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- Approving certain charges and contributions and advertising and sponsorship agreements;
- Determining the school’s dress code in consultation with students, staff and parents;
- Providing advice to the principal on religious education and related activities; and
- Promoting the school in the community.
Link to the Department of Education Independent Public Schools website