Our Dalkeith primary School P&C is critical to the heart, soul and wellbeing of our school community.
The objectives of the Dalkeith Primary School P&C are to promote the interests of the school through:
1. Cooperation between parents, teachers, students and members of the general community;
2. Assisting in the provision of resources, facilities and amenities for the school or schools; and
3. The fostering of community interest in educational matters.
The P&C brings parents together to share information and views; assist the school in building positive attitudes to students and their families; and help raise funds to provide extra resources.
We invite and encourage all parents to become involved in any way they can.
The P&C provides an excellent opportunity to meet other parents and children within the school and ensure that each family feel part of the community of Dalkeith Primary School.
Our P&C has 4 positions we are seeking to fill in 2023.
• Grounds Coordinator
• Fundraising Coordinator
The following roles will become vacant at the end of 2022, and as such we are seeking interest from those who might be interested in taking on a role.
The outgoing P&C members are available to provide a handover to assist with a smooth transition.
Ideally, the term of each role is 12 months minimum.
• Overall leadership of the P&C and allocation of duties to deliver P&C events
• Key point of contact for parents wishing to engage with the P&C
• Chairing P&C meetings (2 per term)
• Addressing school assemblies (average of 1 per term)
• Liaising with the school Principal and MSC on matters arising, typically 2 or 3 times a term
• Optional: Member of the building fund committee (1 per term)
• Assisting the President with his or her duties and P&C initiatives and events
• Chairing or attending meetings where the President is unable to do so
• Attending P&C meetings (2 per term)
• Conducting inspection of the school at least once per term with the MCS officer
• Presenting list to the Principal who typically then presents most of it to maintenance department to deal with
• Arranging the annual busy bee to fix anything else that needs fixing at the school (typically c.4 hours)
• Assisting with other building or grounds related initiatives. E.g. currently working on cubby procurement and installation
• Establish and lead a group from the school community to assist with key fundraising events throughout the year
• Suggest ways to maximise the positive outcomes from the events
• Coordinate volunteers to assist
If you are interested in any of these roles or having general involvement in the P&C we would greatly welcome your involvement!
We are so grateful for the contributions of the outgoing members, and look forward to welcoming the next cohort of passionate and energetic P&C reps in 2023.
The Dalkeith Primary School Building Fund enables parents, school alumni and local businesses to contribute towards the short and long term development of the school.
The fund is registered with the Australian Taxation Office as a Deductible Gift Recipient. All donations over $2.00 are tax deductible.The funds provide money for acquiring, constructing or maintaining school buildings.